Mighty Malva Pudding Recipe
Malva pudding is a traditional South African dessert of Cape Malay origin. It’s best enjoyed hot, with either custard or ice-cream poured over it. We decided to make some modifications to the traditional recipe and give it a bit of a cold brew kick.
Enjoy our recipe below:
1/2 Cup Castor Sugar
25g Butter (cubed)
100g Corn Flour
100g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1/4 Cup Mighty Monk Cold Brew Original Black Concentrate
3/4 Cup Muscovado Sugar (normal brown sugar will work too)
1 Cup Mighty Monk Original Black Cold Brew Concetrate
9. Pour into the greased tin.
10. Place tin in the oven and reduce the temperature to 160*C and bake for 30 minutes.
11. Turn the heat back up to 180*C and bake for 10 more minutes.
12. Gently bring the sugar, coffee and butter to the boil and let simmer for 5 minutes.
13. Remove Malva from the oven, run a knife along the sides of the cake to loosen.
14. Poke the cake a few times with a knife.
15. Pour hot syrup over hot cake.
16. Leave to stand for 30 mins before serving with your choice of ice cream, cream or custard.