MIGHTY MALVA PUDDING
Malva pudding is a traditional South African dessert of Cape Malay origin. It’s best enjoyed hot, with either custard or ice-cream poured over it. We decided to make some modifications to the traditional recipe and give it a bit of a cold brew kick.
Enjoy our recipe below:
1/2 Cup Castor Sugar
25g Butter (cubed)
100g Corn Flour
100g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1/4 Cup Mighty Monk Cold Brew Original Black Concentrate
3/4 Cup Muscovado Sugar (normal brown sugar will work too)
1 Cup Mighty Monk Original Black Cold Brew Concetrate
1. Preheat oven to 180*C.
2. Grease a 23cm square cake tin.
3. Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add butter and continue beating.
5. Sift in 1/2 the self raising and corn flour.
6. Add bicarbonate of soda and beat well.
7. Spoon in the other half of self raising flour and corn flour.
8. Beat the mixture really well to thicken and aerate.
9. Pour into the greased tin.
10. Place tin in the oven and reduce the temperature to 160*C and bake for 30 minutes.
11. Turn the heat back up to 180*C and bake for 10 more minutes.
12. Gently bring the sugar, coffee and butter to the boil and let simmer for 5 minutes.
13. Remove Malva from the oven, run a knife along the sides of the cake to loosen.
14. Poke the cake a few times with a knife.
15. Pour hot syrup over hot cake.
16. Leave to stand for 30 mins before serving with your choice of ice cream, cream or custard.